Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fat People Shouldn't be allowed to get married, they'll just live in sin together.

I am a fat guy! I am using the following post to make a point about the hypocrisy of the evangelical right. I am not bashing fat guys. With all the worrying about Gays getting married and trans-gendered people coming in and out of the wrong restroom causing such an uproar in the Christian community and the fact that punishment from God above is definitely about to seriously fuck us all up, I was wondering why God is so focused on the LGBT community.
Why does it bother God so much? Why do so many other sins seem to be okay now? I'm pretty sure you have been going into bathrooms with trans-gendered people without incident for years and years. All of us have.

Why are fat people given a pass? I'm a fat guy (right now at least. I lose, I gain, I can never stay thin) and so if I was a Christian I would have to wonder why God is giving me and so many others such a pass while being so angry at people for who they are attracted to or for not identifying with their birth gender.

Especially since the sin of Sodom was not homosexuality according to Ezekiel16:49 "this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

Fullness of bread is just another way to say Gluttony. No mention of the gay sex though.... curious.

Gluttony is mentioned in the bible many times. In Proverbs, Deuteronomy, the Apostle Paul even calls it a disgrace in in 1st Corinthians 11:16. But Christians seem to have completely forgot about this sin.


These are preachers.

Role models for their congregations

But this isn't a problem for them.

God is apparently not concerned about these guys or the millions of gluttonous congregants in churches. Nor is he concerned about divorce, working on the Sabbath, not taking care of the poor or anything else proscribed by his holy book.

Even though Jesus never mentioned gay people even one time, and even though the admonitions against it come only from Moses and Paul it is obviously the most important fight there is for the Christian right.

So anyway... let's get back to gluttony. The bible says in Matthew 7 to cast the beam out of your own eye before casting the mote out of your brothers. Is that really what you Christians are doing here?



So why aren't we afraid of fat guys going into bathrooms and giving candy bars to our kids? Why are gluttonous people allowed to Preach? Why are they allowed to marry? I know my wife and I are gluttonous together. Quite often in fact. Why aren't you assholes with your smug sense of superiority and knowledge of exactly what your holy father wants picketing me? Why can a fat lady like the one above run rampant through a Target and cause trouble when the bible says to stone Gluttons in Deuteronomy 21?

I'm guessing its because you have a lot of fat people in your congregations, and divorced people, and lovers of money, and so many other things your book says are wrong. I'm betting it hits to close to home. You probably have fat family members and fat friends. You might even be fat yourself, or divorced, and you would never think about removing that plank from your own eye. Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment